Friday, April 4, 2008

Away Message

Photo by Ogy

My darling clementines, Spring Break is upon the children of South Florida! (To quote a kid leaving my last class of the day, "Shit! Shit! I wish I had papers to throw in the air! Spring Break! Shit!")

Yes, ladies and gents, this is a time of no-frills thrills and teenaged independence. We'll be running wild in your streets, fine citizens, crashing cars and shouting profanity and generally making a mess of our respective counties until the school-bell rings again on April 13th.

Well, most of us.

My spring break will be spent making a mess not of my hometown, even though I'm almost positive it could use the casualties, but instead of that glorious city that a lot of you lovelies call home: New York. I'm flying in tomorrow morning and staying with my boyfriend (a local) in Brooklyn for the first four days of the break, so if any of you fine ladies and gents living in the general vicinity want to grab lunch and talk gossip, just drop me a line. My e-mail address is readily available on the front page.

In the meantime, bon voyage, clementines. I'll be sure to bring you back a toy.

2 comments:

Jeremy Bluejean Jones said...

Preferably, a Transformer.

Ms. Jewess said...

Just put me on your Blogroll, you cool kid you...and I'll do the same.

Happy Spring Frolickin - now go made Chez a grandpa.

Caren