Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Trailer Park




Despite what you may think, I'm a full-fledged horror geek at heart. With that said, I can safely say that it's been a while since we've had a good horror-fest that wasn't supremely disappointing, (see: The Descent) yet this Michael Haneke flick looks promising. In the words of an immortal Young One, it's a comedic mix of "psychology and extreme violence" that's yet to be pulled off. Plus, it's got Michael Pitt in golfing drab. 

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen. I give you Funny Games.

2 comments:

Chez said...

Funny Games is supposedly the director's shot for shot remake of his German movie of the same name. It was released about ten years ago.

I saw it and suffice to say, I have no idea how Americans are going to stomach this. It's a brutally, uncompromisingly disturbing movie.

Part of the "joke" is that there's nothing funny about it.

M. said...

Yes, but did the German one have Tim Roth and Michael Pitt?

I'm still a firm believer in the fact that no mainstream movie can be any more disturbing than anything Darren Aronofsky churns out. (Except for maybe I Spit On Your Grave.) Nevertheless, that man's mind roller-skated out of hell.